I am a professional property photographer with some important recommendations on your property presentation. My aim is to provide you with the best possible service and high quality images at the best price. Preparation is the key to this.
Below is my checklist of recommended actions you should consider:-
- Move vehicles away from the building
- Pressure wash and sweep patios, driveways and paths
- Hide away washing lines, toys, hoses, building materials and bins
- Tidy the garden and mow the lawn
Below is an example of a tidy well prepared property.
A minimal, light, clean property is always best for photography so:-
- Clear clutter from works surfaces, tables, floors, beds and wardrobe tops. Is is best to put all clutter in a small room that will not be photographed. Do not hide it under beds or behind other furniture as this limits my ability to photograph your rooms at different angles. Clutter also limits my ability to place my tripod and take wide shots.
- Close windows, cupboards and drawers
- Open curtains
- Hide and tidy cables
- Hide children, pet toys, pet beds and bowls
- Clear notice boards and fridge/freezer of magnets
- Neatly make up the beds and pump up pillows and cushions
- Remove clothes from backs of doors, slippers etc
- Check that all the lights and lamps are working. Even during the day having the lights on when taking your photographs will make your images more homely and appealing
- Do use props such as flowers, plants, fruit and lamps to improve the look and feel of the property
Below is an example of a tidy well prepared bedroom with table lamps. You can see how much more appealing the room looks to the viewer when the lights are working.
If you live in the property that is being photographed it is difficult to be objective about it’s presentation. I recommend that you get a friend or neighbour to view your property as they are likely to spot obvious things that spoil your property, that you will overlook.
It should take about one hour to photograph up to a four bedroom property both inside and out. I quote a job on the assumption that your property is well prepared before my arrival. I will photograph your property as it is presented. I can only photograph a property as it is, so if you want it to be immaculate then you must present it to me in this manner. Better presentation will result in better photos.
To save time I recommend that you keep people and pets out of the way whilst the photo shoot is being performed.
You also need to be available to lock up the property when I leave.
If you need a property photographer in Norwich, Norfolk or North Suffolk, please take a look at my property service page.