It might seem obvious, but presenting your property at its very best for the purpose of photography is vitally important. It impacts on on what your buyer or customer sees. When properties online can be compared with each other, you only have a few seconds to make a great impression. So make the most of the features of your property.
I am David Woodcock, one of the best property photographers in Norfolk and Norwich. Below is my checklist of recommended actions you should consider before I photograph your property:-
Property Presentation – External
- Choose a time of the day and season when your property is at its best
- Clean and if necessary paint walls
- Move vehicles away from the building
- Pressure wash and sweep patios, driveways and paths
- Hide away washing lines, toys, hoses, building materials and bins
- Tidy the garden and mow the lawn
- Clean and close the windows.
Property Presentation – Internal
A minimal, light, clean property is always best for photography so:-
- Clear clutter from works surfaces, tables, floors, beds and wardrobe tops. Also do not hide it under beds or behind other furniture as this limits my ability to photograph your rooms at different angles. Clutter also limits my ability to place my tripod and take wide shots.
- Close windows, cupboards and drawers
- Open curtains and blinds
- Hide and tidy cables
- Hide pets, pet toys, pet beds and bowls
- Clear notice boards and fridge/freezer of magnets
- Clear the sink of dishes
- Have the toilet seat down and clear the toilet of toilet rolls and brushes
- Remove toothbrushes and toiletries
- Add neatly folded towels to the bathroom
- Neatly make up the beds and pump up pillows and arrange cushions
- Set dining room tables
- Remove clothes from backs of doors, slippers etc
- Check that all the lights and lamps are working. Even during the day having the lights on when taking your photographs will make your images more homely and appealing
- Do use props such as flowers, plants, fruit and lamps to improve the look and feel of the property.
I have photographed many properties over the years. However, I’ve seldom seen a property that could not be improved upon with a little work, at a modest cost. If you live in the property that is being photographed it is very difficult to be objective about it’s presentation. I therefore recommend that you get a friend or neighbour to view as they are likely to spot obvious things that spoil your property, that you will overlook.
Property Photographer – Get in Touch
If you need new images of a property located in Norwich, Norfolk or North Suffolk, please contact me.
Tel: 01603 402015 | Mobile: 07933 070381
To email: Click contact on the top menu bar