I am David Woodcock a professional Norwich property photographer operating in Norfolk and North Suffolk. My property gallery shows some of the best furnished and most recent residential and commercial properties that I have photographed. I also photograph unfurnished properties for auction. Whatever your needs are for professional property photography be it exteriors, interiors or construction I can help you.
Norfolk Property Photographer Gallery
Click on any image below to enlarge it.
Your Property – Making a good first impression
Most home buyers and those wanting to let a property often begin their search, by going online, before visiting an estate agent. With online marketing and high quality brochures, great photographs have consequently never been more important. They sell or promote your property.
Attention spans are extremely small in modern times so you only have a few seconds to make an impression. It is essential to have website images that have the wow factor and catch the eye of house hunters instantly.
With property it needs to be love at first sight. The first image that a potential buyer sees is so important. It consequently determines whether they want to see more. I’ll provide you with high quality photographs that have the desired impact.
Increased viewings greatly improves your chances of making a sale or let. For holiday properties the investment in professional property images will reap their rewards for many years, thereby generating more bookings and increased turnover.
Customers Who Use My Property Photography Service
The Counties of Norfolk and Suffolk are well known for their tourist industry and agriculture. There are consequently lots of holiday properties and farms with converted barns to photograph in the area. I also get to visit a wide range of impressive properties including private and commercial. Some properties are immaculate and fully furnished. Others are unfurnished requiring modernisation.
Typical examples of people and business who require my property photography service are:-
- Estate Agents
- Property Auctioneers
- Chartered Surveyors
- Construction Companies
- Hotels, Holiday Lets, Caravan and Tent Sites
- Marketing Companies
- Companies who supply products and materials for homes such as fitted kitchens, fitted bedrooms, furniture and lighting
- Private Individuals – As a private individual unless you may be better off to purchase property images directly from me. There are two main reasons. Firstly the cost is likely to be cheaper. Secondly if you wish to change your Estate Agent you may reuse the images without having to pay for your property to be photographed for a second time. I do however, work with some reputable Estate Agents who will allow you to have access to your images.
Photographs for some customers are also a great keepsake of a property that holds so many happy memories.
Types of Property
The types of properties that I photograph, include houses, bungalows, chalets, barns, estates, commercial buildings (offices, shops, retail parks, farms, hotels, holiday lets and caravan parks), construction projects, self builds, restoration projects, land and gardens.
Most properties need only one visit to capture the exterior and interior. However if you have a property with some special features, such as a garden that transforms over the seasons or a building that looks great lit up at night then more visits might better meet your needs.
For my clients in the holiday industry who require local landscape wall art to hang on their walls, or on their websites, please see my Norfolk and Suffolk landscape photography page.
Property Photography Techniques
I absolutely love to visit properties to take awesome images. To get this amazing quality and to get detail in the windows, I use a variety of camera and software techniques. I normally correct images to avoid converging verticals. The exception to this is on projects that require artistic images. The techniques that I use also enable me to get bright images in the darkest of rooms.
My photos have a wow factor. The feedback that I receive from my clients is that my images do really make an impact in selling or letting a property. Many times clients have made comments like ” We were having trouble selling our property but the week after your photos were put online we had several offers at the asking price”.
Norfolk Property Photographer – My Guide To Property Presentation
It might seem obvious, but presenting your property at its very best is important. Presentation impacts on your photographs and therefore on what the buyer or customer sees. My aim is to provide you with the best possible service and high quality images for the best price.
Below is my checklist of recommended actions you should consider:-
- Choose a time of the day and season when your property is at its best
- Move vehicles away from the building
- Pressure wash and sweep patios, driveways and paths
- Hide away washing lines, toys, hoses, building materials and bins
- Tidy the garden and mow the lawn
- Clean and close the windows.
A minimal, light, clean property is always best for photography so:-
- Clear clutter from works surfaces, tables, floors, beds and wardrobe tops. Also do not hide it under beds or behind other furniture as this limits my ability to photograph your rooms at different angles. Clutter also limits my ability to place my tripod and take wide shots.
- Close windows, cupboards and drawers
- Open curtains and blinds
- Hide and tidy cables
- Hide pets, pet toys, pet beds and bowls
- Clear notice boards and fridge/freezer of magnets
- Clear the sink of dishes
- Have the toilet seat down and clear the toilet of toilet rolls and brushes
- Remove toothbrushes and toiletries
- Add neatly folded towels to the bathroom
- Neatly make up the beds and pump up pillows and arrange cushions
- Set dining room tables
- Remove clothes from backs of doors, slippers etc
- Check that all the lights and lamps are working. Even during the day having the lights on when taking your photographs will make your images more homely and appealing
- Do use props such as flowers, plants, fruit and lamps to improve the look and feel of the property.
If you live in the property that is being photographed it is very difficult to be objective about it’s presentation. I therefore recommend that you get a friend or neighbour to view your property as they are likely to spot obvious things that spoil your property, that you will overlook.
Norwich, Norfolk and Suffolk Property Photographer – Price
My price for photographing a property is £40 + £80 per hour on site (pro rata) with a minimum charge of one hour. As I am not registered for VAT, no VAT is added to my charge. As a guide, for a well prepared two/three bedroom property, it should take around one hour to photograph a property inside and out.
Included the price is the professional processing and delivery of the images. Your digital images will be delivered to you securely online at resolutions suitable for printing and website use.
I normally provide between 20 – 30 processed images for a standard 3 bedroom property and more images for larger properties. They will show the exterior and interior of your property from the best angles. If the property is unfurnished I normally provide between 12 – 15 images. My turnaround is very quick and most of clients receive their images within 2 working days of taking the photographs.
Norfolk and Norwich Property Photographer – Get In Touch
If you require a property photographer in Norwich, Norfolk or North Suffolk please contact me.
Tel: 01603 402015 | Mobile: 07933 070381
Email: Click Contact on the top menu bar.