I am David Woodcock, a professional Norfolk property photographer based in Norwich. If you wish to increase your wealth by selling or letting your property, I can provide you with high impact images that make a real difference in today’s crowed market.
Property Photography in Norfolk and Norwich
1. Get Your Property Marketing on Target
There is no doubt that excellent photography is absolutely key to a sale or let. Your marketing and overall success is chiefly determined by the quality of your images.
Most property searches now start online. So consequently property photography has become extremely important. Most home buyers begin searching for properties on sites such as Zoopla and Rightmove before they visit the Estate Agent. With almost every property available on the internet to view and compare with others, a property only has a few brief seconds to make an impression.
The best way to get buyers to visit is through property photography that create a welcoming atmosphere and demonstrates the best features. So a superb first image followed by a series of more high impact photos generates interest and encourage more buyers to make viewings. This greatly increases your chances to release equity and to sell your property at the asking price.
For holiday properties the investment in professional property images will reap rewards for many years. Getting great images on your website or on accommodation search websites such as Airbnb, Expedia or Travago, will generate more bookings and result in increased turnover.
2. Norfolk and Norwich Property Images
My property portfolio images demonstrate some of the best furnished residential and commercial properties that I have photographed in Norwich, Norfolk and North Suffolk. They show a variety of camera and software techniques that I have developed over several years.
Consequently your images will have details in the shadows and highlight details will not be blown out. I also use a wide angle lens and correct the images for lens distortion. They consequently enable me to show your property at it’s best in any lighting conditions. I also create images that enable viewers to visualise what it is like living there. Also architectural verticals are normally presented as verticals unless converging verticals are used for an artistic effect.
The feedback that I receive from my clients is that my images do really make an impact in selling a property. Many times clients have said something like, “We were having trouble selling our property but the week after your photos were put online we had several offers at the asking price”.
3. How To Sell Your Property
If you are selling your property you have the following three choices:-
- Do it yourself and save on commission fees. This is becoming more and more popular. You will definitely need some professional photographs and I can certainly help you to get them;
- Use an online Estate Agent and pay low commission fees. You normally get what you pay for and your package is unlikely to provide you with high quality property photography. With this scenario I can provide an additional independent service to help you to get the high quality of images you require;
- Use a high street Estate Agent and pay high commission fees. Some will use professional photographers with proper camera equipment. Others might send a member of their staff with a device such as an ipad to take your photos. Without the right equipment you are unlikely to the quality of images that you require. I recommend that you ask your Estate Agent how they will take your photographs and ask to see some examples. If you are unhappy with your Estate Agents photos you could either ask them to engage me or engage me directly yourself.
If an Estate Agent takes your images they are subject to copyright. You are unlikely to be able to use them should you wish to change agents. However a big advantage when you engage me directly is that you can reuse the images again should you have the need to do so.
4. Norfolk and Norwich Properties – Video Slideshow
You can find out more about my property photography service by viewing the short video slideshow below.
5. Typical Examples of People and Business Who Use My Property Photography Service
My customers include:-
- Estate Agents selling residential and other properties. They include iMoveEstates and Arnolds Keys
- Property Auctioneers including Hammer Price Homes
- Architects including Chaplin Farrant
- Chartered Surveyors
- Construction Companies
- Hotels (see The Norfolk Mead Hotel as an example), holiday homes, Caravan and Tent Sites
- Marketing Companies
- Companies that supply products and materials for homes such as fitted kitchens, fitted bedrooms, furniture and lighting
- Private Individuals
If you require property images for insurance proof or as an inventory of the condition of white goods, fixtures and fittings, I can provide these too.
For my clients in the holiday industry who also require local landscape wall art to hang on their walls, or on their websites, please see my landscape page containing some magnificent images of the coast and countryside.
6. Property Photography Testimonials
“Oh David, you have done an absolute dream of a job for us. All I can say is WOW. Even our website design team gave a WOW. Sometimes you can lose so much between reality and an image but you have managed to capture everything and kept the impact. Thank you. It’s been an absolute pleasure to do business with you, David. You’re the ultimate professional who cares about what he delivers and how he delivers it”. Barry New (Owner of a Holiday Lodge)
“David Woodcock is simply brilliant I and my clients have not got a bad word to say about the service and quality of his work. We highly recommend using him as we book him now for all our property photography in Norfolk.
Being an Online Estate Agent it’s important the companies we source to carry out various tasks such as professional photography have to be an extension of our business. David Woodcock has never failed to deliver on professionalism and the quality of his work, which for me gets better and better”. Adam Pero (Company Director) – iMoveEstates
7. When To Visit Your Property
For anyone planing a move in the next year I recommend planning ahead. It is essential to have your home photographed during the season when your property and the weather is at it’s best. Spring is ideal for blossom as shown in the image below. Autumn for example is ideal for Virginia Creeper that turns red. For holiday accommodation it is best to have your property photographed just as the holiday season starts or ends.
Most properties need only one visit to capture the exterior and interior. However, exteriors look at their best in bright sunny conditions with a blue sky and some clouds. Interiors look at their best in bright, overcast, cloudy conditions because intense sun can cast harsh shadows into rooms. See my frequently asked questions to find out more. So if you want everything to be at it’s very best then two visits might be your requirement. Also if you have a property with some special features, such as a garden that transforms over the seasons or a building that looks great lit up at night then more visits might be required.
8. How To Present Your Property At It’s Best
My expectation is that your property is tidy and presented for photography as I arrive. You or a representative such as a maintenance person or cleaner will meet me at the premises. I will be shown around and all lights will be switched on. I will then commence taking photographs. You or your representative are also responsible for switching off the lights and securing the property after I leave.
9. Holiday Accommodation in Norwich, Norfolk and North Suffolk
If you would like to see some examples of some of the holiday accommodation properties that I have photographed please follow the links below.
North Norfolk Holiday Properties
- Valley View Lodge on Kelling Heath. This is a rustic lodge with a modern and contemporary interior, ideal for visiting the North Norfolk coast;
- Cley Windmill. This is a romantic five storey converted flour mill ideal as a wedding venue and for visiting the coast;
- Manor Barn in Sidestrand. This is modern luxury accommodation with a sea view;
- Coach Cottage in Southrepps. This is a lovely single floor accommodation ideal for families, the elderly and those requiring disables facilities;
- Apartment Eight in Sheringham. This is a lovely first floor apartment with a sea view;
- Seacroft Caravan Site in Cromer. This is modern campsite facility that accommodates, motor homes, caravans and tents;
- The Old Windmill in Aylsham. This is nicely furnished accommodation, ideal for families;
- Bluebell Cottage in Hanworth. This is a lovely thatched cottage in a quite location;
- The Norfolk Mead Hotel in Coltishall. This is a super hotel with lovely dining facilities on the River Bure;
- Star Cottage in Wroxham. This is a holiday let on the River Bure and ideal for visiting the Broads.
East Norfolk Holiday Properties
- The Bromley in Great Yarmouth. This is a super 9 apartment property close to the sea front ideal for families and those wanting a temporary work base;
- Norfolk Flats in Great Yarmouth. This is a super 6 apartment property with facilities similar to the one above;
- Beach Breeze Cottage in Caister On Sea. This is lovely accommodation ideal for families;
- Garden Lodge in North Burlingham. This is a nicely furnished single floor accommodation ideal for families, the elderly and those requiring disables facilities.
West Norfolk Holiday Properties
- 1 Grammer School Cottage in Snettisham. This is a lovely holiday cottage ideal for families;
- Poppy House in Hunstanton. This is a super holiday property, ideal for large families;
- Wavecrest Beach House in Heacham. This lovely holiday property ideal for families, is located just behind the dunes and beach.
North Suffolk Holiday Properties
- Catherine House in Beccles. This a super holiday let ideal for families;
- Fern Cottage in Walberswick. This is self catering accommodation for up to eight people;
- Old Hall Farm in Walpole. This is a modern complex of barns with swimming pool and games room, ideal for families.
Norfolk and Norwich Property Photographer – Price
My price for photographing a property is £40 + £80 per hour on site (pro rata). Please note that there is a minimum charge of one hour. As I am not registered for VAT, this is not added to my price. In addition the cost of car parking will also be charged if I have to incur this cost.
For a well prepared two/three bedroom property with kitchen, lounge and bathroom, it normally takes around one hour to photograph both inside and out.
For a well prepared holiday let with five bedrooms, a kitchen / diner, lounge and three bathrooms, it normally takes around 90 minutes to photograph both inside and out.
Also included in the price is the post processing and delivery of the images as well as my travelling time. Your digital images are delivered to you securely online at resolutions suitable for printing and website use.
My turnaround of delivering your images is very quick. Most of clients are able to view their images within 2 working days of taking the photographs. However, if you require urgent delivery of your images within a 24 hour turnaround period, an additional fee (available on request), will be required.
Number of Property Images
For sale properties, I normally provide between 20 – 30 processed images for a standard 3 bedroom property and more images for larger properties. They will show the exterior and interior of your property from the best angles. If the property is unfurnished I normally provide between 12 – 15 images.
For holiday accommodation properties the image requirements are often bespoke and very different to that of sale properties. Furthermore, clients of holiday properties often require lots of images showing;-
- the facilities available;
- rooms and gardens with different props and set ups;
- images of the surrounding area.
With both sale and holiday properties you can have as many images as you request.
Property Photographer in Norfolk and Norwich – Contact Me
My photography skills can help you to earn more money from your property. If you require my services as a property photographer in Norwich, Norfolk or North Suffolk, please let me know your requirements?
Tel: 01603 402015 | Mobile: 07933 070381
Email: Click Contact on the top menu bar.